Re: more random brainstorming

On 5/19/05, Marcus Bauer <mbauer tiscali fr> wrote:

My suggestion is:

Gnome - easy and efficent

because that is exactly Gnome's selling point and one needs to repeat it
over and over again :-)

We definitely want to pimp easy and efficient as much as possible;
I've added 'usable' to every single press release I have ever touched
for the Foundation. :) I don't think it is sufficient for a slogan,
though- it doesn't provide any information about what we are, what we
do, etc.

List of adjectives that describe GNOME (these should be dumped into
the wiki, probably, so that they can be added to and used/reused in
the press, etc.)

* easy
* usable
* efficient
* accessible

Anyone have more? I used to have a longer list but appear to have lost it.

By the way, for newbies on the list, the other slogan I particularly
liked was 'the desktop of choice', which allows us to imply among
other things:

* still a desktop (I know this is a vague term, but it is the best we have)
* you get to choose (usable, accessible, etc.)
* we are chosen by Sun/Novell/RedHat/Spain/Brazil/etc.
* we are chosen by firefox/openoffice/eclipse/etc.

Luis