Re: GNOME tour?

Hi Murray,

Luis has been talking about something like this using vnc2swf or vino+GStreamer to generate Theora. Which is nice, and sounds like a step towards having these demos.

Murray Cumming a écrit :
So, what would we put in that tour? I can think of
- File Management
- The Panel and some everyday applets.
- Evolution
- GnomeMeeting
- Preferences
- System Tools
- System Admin tools/lockdown

- Messaging (Gossip/GAIM)
- Web browsing (Evolution/Firefox)
- Music management (CD ripping, burning, music management & playing)
- Photo management (if we have something we can present here)
- Office (a quick Abiword/GNUMeric/gnome-db demo)
- OpenOffice (ask for one to be made by the OOo people?)
- Games (Solitaire, Monkey Bubbles, Tetris, gnect)
- Document viewing (evince, if it gets into 2.12)
- General utility stuff (calculator, character palette, dictionary, search (while we're waiting for beagle))
- Help (yelp)

When we have a standard way to do it, I'd love to have a simple beginners tour for the GIMP too.

Cheers,
Dave.

--
David Neary