Re: Business cards

On Wed, 23 Mar 2005, Murray Cumming wrote:

The GNOME Foundation board discussed this today. We really like the idea
of our contributors associating themselves with the project in this way,
and feeling even more like part of the community.

But we are not so comfortable with people using the logo on commercial
business cards. It would look too much like we are endorsing the
business, and that normally requires a special agreement.

So, it would be nice to have these "address cards" [1] for non-
commercial purposes, plus a "member of GNOME Foundation" logo for cards,
and for peoples' web sites, for instance. That would be more meaningful,
and less confusing. Would someone like to try some designs?

[1] Maybe someone can think of a better non-commercial name, instead of
"business card". The German word translates approximately as "visitor
card".

"calling cards" (stationery, not long distance) used to be widely used and
that is probably the English equivalent of the term you're referring to.

http://www.victorianbazaar.com/stationery.html
-- Elliot