Re: LinuxWorld Expo 2005 .Org Village London

Since there has been no response to this I presume there is no interest in organising a GNOME stand for the LinuxWorld Expo in London this year.

If anyone is interested in helping out and is available on either October the 5th or 6th (or both) then please reply as soon as possible so we can let the organiser know we will be able to host a stand.

-Thomas

Thomas Wood wrote:

The call for participents in the .org village at LinuxWorld London has
come round again for this year. GNOME has been represented by myself and a few others for the past two years, with a varying amount of interest.

If anyone is interested in helping out at this years expo, please let me
know so we can get organised. The dates are October 5th to 6th 2005.

To help the effectiveness of a stand, there are a couple of things I
would like to discuss:

- What is the purpose of a gnome.org stand at a linux expo?
- What are we trying to achieve, what should we focus on telling people?
- Who should be there?
- How can we get people involved and interested in GNOME?

With the increasing corporate involvement in GNOME, I think it's
important to be able to reiterate why people should be interested in
GNOME itself, rather than just the companies developing it, or the distributions using it.

-Thomas