Re: Publishing press releases in other languages than english

We now have press contacts in France, the UK and
Germany at least.
Perhaps we should start gathering information on
cost & procedure for
pushing press releases to wires over this side of
the pond?

Literally - thousands of dollars for each release.  In
the US, you can do a nationwide release for between
$600- $1,000 (depending on the length of the release).
 Every European country is its own territory, so it
gets very expensive, very quickly.  In the past, we've
chosen to put some GUADEC announcements on the wire in
the appropriate country, rather than in the US.

Novell (and other companies) often just do a US
release.  Which is often ok, because the leading
technology writers in the US are translated and posted
on sites around the world and news aggregator sites
around the world look for news of interest to
localize.

The best strategy is to localize and then do
individual e-mails to appropriate press contacts in
each country.  That's more effective (and a lot
cheaper!) than putting a release out on multiple
wires.

Leslie

Cheers,
Dave.