Re: Create your own customised GNOME liveCD

Στις 25/Ιούλ/2005, ημέρα Δευτέρα και ώρα 17:26, ο/η Marcus Bauer έγραψε:
On Mon, 2005-07-25 at 15:45 +0100, Simos Xenitellis wrote:

Maybe I am wrong, my view is that we (GNOME Marketing) want to get a
LiveCD ISO image out to the masses
that support both English and other languages. We (GNOME Marketing) are
flexible with how it is done, we would
like it done in a comfortable way.

In fact I'm convinced now that the main GNOME liveCD should be in
russian. People will like to be greeted in russian and then try to find
their way through russian help pages to figure out what magic words will
let them switch to their preferred language. Special fun will be to
figure out where a slash is on a russian keyboard. They will like it :)

I'm repeating myself here and I will do it again: one liveCD for one
language. For the many people english is what russian is to most or all

Okay, I was not precise above. Of course it's one LiveCD per language.
And preferably the ISO images do not have to be generated on the fly,
but done once and distributed on the Web. Using VMWare, it's elemental
to boot from the .iso file and have a cursory look if all went ok.

Simos

the readers of this list. All computers start up with a us keyboard
layout. Adding a command line switch is a pain when being on another
keyboard.

Another advantage of one-language CDs is that this frees lots of space
for marketing material.

Marcus