Re: Logo/image guidelines

On Thu, 2005-07-07 at 15:51 -0400, Máirín Duffy wrote:
But the gnome.org website does not specify how additional text should be
incorporated into the logo at all.

Of course. In the live.gnome.org page, under Marketing, there are no
references (yet) about the guidelines to use on how to use the logo
(there are Draft guidelines, though...).

Is there a font for the GNOME letters? It could be available in the
live.gnome.org page...

Should it go under the "GNOME"
beneath the foot? Would it go to the right of the logo & logotype? To
the left? Would the "GNOME" be taken out of the logo and just the
project name put in its place? What font should be used for the
subproject? What color for the text?

Those are the questions we all hope to answer after all this discussion.

Also,
it has a paintbrush element added to the logo. If elements like that are
allowable in the logo, what size do they have to be? Do they always have
to be in the upper right? It doesn't even incorporate the text "art"
into the logo... which may be problematic for projects with more
abstract goals. Which version of the logo should be used for projects?

I guess that using different elements (by example, the paintbrush on the
logo on art.gnome or a book (or a keyboard) on developer.gnome.org) in
the GNOME logo will differentiate the projects linked to gnome.org.

But now, the way to use the different elements is something that _must_
be discussed as guidelines.

Don't know how could it be used in different projects (official, not
official?).

I think what's out there already on the gnome.org websites would be good
at informing more specific guidelines, but I think that the website
itself cannot serve as those guidelines.

Of course, I'm not saying "use it!", I'm just proposing them as basic
guidelines (in a sense that "if it's there, it could be used").

Regards,

--jci