Re: [Rocky Caldwell thomson net: [David Neary]RE: MP3 licensing]

Hi,

Luis Villa wrote:
(1) it doesn't really matter what we think, mostly it matters what the
distro creator thinks. In this case, assuming we go with Ubuntu, the
answer appears to be 'yes, we can.'

(2) I wouldn't object to a directory on the desktop with a title of
some sort like 'legacy files' or 'compatibility demo files', but I'd
like the primary focus of our content and demos to be about free
software and open formats.

I agree wholeheartedly. I don't want to make your job any harder.
I do think it would be a little uncomfortable if some livecd user
did try to play an mp3 and it didn't work.

I agree that the primary focus should be on free, open formats
and software. I disagree that we should hobble software if we
don't have to.

Cheers,
Dave.

--