Re: media files

<quote who="David Neary">

Please do try harder to read things without malice.  Some people are
just trying to figure out what is important to your project so they can
comment in a way that others in the project have asked for.

I have no malice. Perhaps we should concentrate on the core issue with
your original mail. Could you explain why mp3 is incompatible with free
software, please?

GPL version 2, Section 7, which applies to libmad. But that question is way
too specific; the reason why few distros distribute MP3 decoders (let alone
decoders) is because they would require a patent license to do so.

- Jeff

--
linux.conf.au 2005: Canberra, Australia                http://linux.conf.au/

     Broken hearts rarely come with "Some Assembly Required" stickers.