Re: GNOME-Windows-CD

<quote who="Thilo Pfennig">

is there allready a GNOME Windows-CD? I think this should have:

 1. provide our best GNOME tools, GNOME destop images
 2. maybe also a solution  with Cygwin to run GNOME alternatively
 3. Maybe a GNOME installer that wipes out Windows or has the ability
to save the existing documents to a new partition.

The Ubuntu LiveCD and the OpenCD both include a bunch of Windows software (a
few GNOME apps in the mix, but they could do with more) and a LiveCD image
of the Ubuntu desktop. I *think* the GNOME LiveCD has dropped the Windows
software to fit more into the live image.

Crucial thing to happen to make this rock *really* hard is that we need more
easy builds and installers for GNOME apps on Windows.

- Jeff

--
linux.conf.au 2006: Dunedin, New Zealand               http://linux.conf.au/

    "If I had an inch for every penis size spam I'd recieved..." - Luis
                                   Villa