Re: real marketing or just catchy slogans?

On Mon, 2005-12-05 at 15:35 -0800, Sriram Ramkrishna wrote:
On Mon, Dec 05, 2005 at 08:15:24PM -0300, Santiago Roza wrote:
in other words, i'd like to see more marketing, and less
selling/advertising... at least until we know what we have, what
customers need, and what we could do to offer that to them (not to
mention finding out who "they" are).

Well said, and I concur.  Of late we've seem to be going in circles,
so you're criticism I think has merit. :-)

I suspect the reason we are doing what we are doing is because
we have no concrete ideas on how to find out what people want.

Perhaps i'm thinking too simple about this, but we do have quite some
user groups, and those user groups go to quite some conventions.
Now i'm not entirely sure if this would work, or would even give any
sort of usable results.

But wouldn't it be possible to produce some forms, Where users could
fill in what they expect of gnome what they need of gnome and what they
think of gnome.

although everybody of course hates to fill in forms.