Re: Getting marketing-list going again..

On Tue, 12 Oct 2004, Ken VanDine wrote:

I may be jumping into something that you guys have already discussed, so
excuse me if this has been discussed.

The first question I think that needs to be answered is "Who are we
marketing to?".  I know in practice we are going to market to everyone,
but we need to have a primary target.  So, are we marketing first and
foremost to users of "Other" dekstop environments on Linux?  Or, are we
really focusing on windows users, and switching them to Linux w/GNOME?

I think that's absolutely the right question to be asking at the
beginning, but I think giving the right answer requires answering another
closely linked question at the same time:
        What value can/should GNOME give to its users?

FWIW,
-- Elliot
We're so busy putting out fires that we don't take time to stop kids from
playing with matches.