Re: Example media files

<quote who="Ian McIntosh">

Yeah, that would be handy for demonstrating thumbnailing, and perhaps
f-spot or gthumb.

Exactly.  But I wonder, should they be in their own sub-folder, or just
one big folder with ~20 random file types?

Let's cross that bridge when we come to it. ;-)

Let's aim for 10MB and see how that goes - it could expand.

Funny, I was thinking 10MB.  Although it might be difficult if we use
that video (which is either 6MB or 7MB, depending on the file type).
Add an MP3/OGG and we're busted.  15MB would be easier. :)

Does Ubuntu LiveCD have MP3 support?  How about the RealAudio player?
And does Firefox come with any plugins installed (Flash)?

Not at the moment, but you'll be able to install flash very easily from
within Firefox. (However, I think that within GNOME, we should be thinking
more about the Gnoppix version, which is all GNOME branding and modules,
such as Epiphany.)

What do you guys think about providing links to internet radio?  There's
a whole lot of content in a small size. :)

Not too fussed, but it would be a good demonstration of Rhythmbox or Totem.
Are there good, appropriate Vorbis streams around the place?

We still need candidates for these (and more?):

PDF:
MP3/OGG:
DOC:
XLS:
OO.o Calc:
OO.o Impress:
JPG/PNG:
SVG:

Theora video. :-)

- Jeff

--
Ubuntu in MatarĂ³, Spain: December 5th-18th      http://www.ubuntulinux.org/

     "They cosset us with trappings to shut us up. That way when we say
     'sharecropper!' you can point to my free suit and say 'Shut up pop
                          star.'" - Courtney Love