Re: [Ekiga-list] Call disconnecting from conference room after ~30 seconds

Hi again,

I wouldn't worry about this one after all.

It turns out that this problem affects all calls, not just conference room (it just so happened all my calls were brief!)  However, I imagine it's the issue described here (http://wiki.ekiga.org/index.php/Enable_port_forwarding_manually).  Since I only started getting the error about this after using Ekiga for a little while, I assumed it was a red-herring since I'd already set up my SIP account network settings.  On reflection, this is something different (general settings, not account settings), though, so it probably is this.  I can't do port forwarding as I'm on a network with others and so would be monopolising those ports, so I'm going to look into different VOIP software.

Thought I should post an update in case others hit this issue (and to prevent anyone feeling the need to trawl through the log file!)  All the best,
Sam

Sam Partington
Technical Lead

My working days are usually Mon - Thurs, but this often varies in school holidays.

www.whiteoctober.co.uk
Office: +44 (0)1865 920 707

This email message and any attachments are confidential and solely for the use of the intended recipient. If you are not the intended recipient, you have received this message in error. Please notify us immediately and delete the message from your computer. You should not distribute, copy or disclose its contents to any other person. Any views or opinions expressed in this email are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of White October Limited. White October is a private limited company registered in England & Wales under registration number 3982889. The company’s registered office is at 264 Banbury Road, Oxford, OX2 7DY.

I've been using Ekiga for SIP and it works fine when calling ordinary numbers.  However, we have a work conference room (from Gradwell), and when I call that, I am prompted for a PIN (which I enter), I can join the conference and hear and be heard, but after about 30 seconds of discussion, my connection to the call disconnects and I leave the conference room.

I've recorded the debug logs here (https://drive.google.com/open?id=1H0ADLREyf7je6trgWLzPXdXzsflhgqLp), and am wondering it anyone can help me work out what's going on?

Many thanks