Re: [Ekiga-list] Problem with Ekiga h323 video and Windows 8.1 x64

Somehow my first Mail was empty, so I send it again without signature and HTML

Hello Ekiga-List,

At first, thank you for developing Ekiga! It has been very useful for me.
And now on my problem with Ekiga and Windows 8.1 x64. I didn´t find a solution in the archives and google
couldn´t help me either. I have been using Ekiga (4.0.1+) on Windows 7 x64 before without problems. Now we
have a Computer with Windows 8.1 x64 and video in h323-Calls doesn´t work. The calling and audio is working,
but I don´t see video on the win 8.1 client (but I can see the cam from the win 8.1 machine on the other end)
.After the call is finished, I get an x264plugin_helper.exe error.
I have the same problem/error on 3 different machines with win 8.1 x64.
I deactivated the h264-codec but it didn´t help. The x264helper_plugin.exe error message was gone (because
h264 wasn´t in use I guess) but there was still no video. I tried all h323-video codecs.
I also tried Ekiga 4.0.1 (without "+")
And I also tried compatibility mode for ekiga.exe and x264helper_plugin.exe from WinXP SP2 up to Windows 8,
nothing worked.
Does somebody have a solution ?

Best Regards

Erik Lorenz
Max-Planck-Institut für Infektionsbiologie

Charitéplatz 1
D-10117 Berlin

Abt.:                     Wissenschaftl.-techn. Bereich / IT
E-Mail/Jabber:  lorenz mpiib-berlin mpg de
Tel.:                       +49 30 28460-158
Fax :                      +49 30 28460-151