Re: [Ekiga-list] résolution webcam

But a resolution of 704x576 is already a good resolution, DVD quality, and perhaps sufficient for my use, and anyway I will use it :)

Le 25/02/2016 09:38, adhesionlistedediffusion a écrit :
Hello,

Thank you very much Bret for your answers. Yes indeed, you are right to point the specifications, there is a limitation of 704x576 with version 4.0.

My material can support better quality : data transmission is LAN 100Mb/s or internet 8Mb/s SDSL, and pc HP Probook 450 G1 bought in 2014. The webcam can give a resolution up to 1920 x 1080 pixels. With cheese, recording a video at this resolution is rather fluid, it's quite ok. (Curiously, Cheese give the possibility to choose 2304x1536 but it totally lags, only showing in the screen, whitout even recording).

I can not use skype for reasons of confidentiality.

Well, I think that I have to wait for the version 5.0. How can we get news about it ?

Thanks

--
JL