[Ekiga-list] "security fail" message issue

I installed Ekiga through software center in Linuxmint 17 distro on my desktop.  I filled out initial info, and now want to run test call.  The audio and the echo call, and the 500ekiga calls all returned "security fail" message.  Is this to be expected?  What do I do to see exactly when the security fail took place?  Any help appreciated.
Tom
--
John Washington emigrated from England in 1656 to Colony of Virginia.
It's time George Washington is issued his Green Card.