Re: [Ekiga-list] Public/Private proxy for Symmetric NAT problem

Thanks Eugen,

On 02/26/2015 08:58 PM, Eugen Dedu wrote:
On 26/02/15 10:46, taro-k movasense com wrote:
Hi. I am facing "Symmetric NAT" problem.

Can anybody tell me a public proxy to avoid this problem?
I tried (sip.)iptel.org(:5060) mentioned in Manual
but it doesn't seem to work.

Or, if no usable public proxy there,

Damien plans to add a proxy sometimes soon, it would be a very useful
thing!

Wow, cool. I really look forward it.

how I can make own proxy for Ekiga?

I think you cannot do it, because you are behind a symmetric nat.  It is
not a matter of software, but a matter of network.  You need a proxy
*outside* your network.

Yes, I mean I launch the server outside with global IP.
I am running several servers for other services,
but I am not familiar with SIP or SIP proxy things so far.

Any recommended server software?

According to this page,
http://www.opentelecoms.org/use-a-sip-proxy-instead-of-asterisk
the candidate of server software is