Re: [Ekiga-list] segmentation faults and "Remote host is offline"

On 12/05/13 20:46, wempwer gmail com wrote:
I am a first time Ekiga user. I got interested in Ekiga because I am
looking a for a free FLOSS solution to stay in touch with my family
during a long business trip to a distant country. I set up an account
athttps://www.ekiga.net/  and got a confirmation e-mail. When I start
Ekiga it says I am registered. I am using Ekiga 4.0.1. Everything is
fine up to this point.

However, there are 2 situations when Ekiga gives me a segmentation fault
- sometimes when it starts and always at a callback test. Here are the
log: startuphttp://pastebin.com/L1rCbUAy, callback test:
http://pastebin.com/yjr5rA8c.

We need the gdb stack trace for crashes, cf. http://wiki.ekiga.org/index.php/Debugging_Ekiga#How_to_get_a_stack_backtrace_from_a_crash_or_freeze

Also, sometimes callback test fails to connect and it says "Remote host
is offline". However, sometimes it connects but segmentation fault
follows immediately. I don't know what's the reason. AFAIK, Exiga

We need a -d 4 log for "Remove host is offline".