[Ekiga-list] No one else available. How to self test

Dear All,

I am the only green icon on the board.

I had Ekiga installed and tested to satisfaction.
Due to other problems Ekiga crashed or uninstalled ( I suspect interfered with by something related to Skype updates) .
Skype and Ekiga reinstalled. Both running but Ekiga seems slightly wounded in that there seems to be no-one else available.
The Echo test works fine.
The Call Back test : Seems to be ok but i'm Not sure how it is supposed to work. -- It goes Calling 520 ekiga .net / that call is dropped, window closes /  a few seconds later a window opens with a call from 500 ekiga net which then goes 'not responding' or goes to the Echo test. ?

Here is a good clue. I  did Chat/Addressbook/Action/Refresh and got 101 addresses and not one is "available" "green",  including myself  !?

Further
How do I do a self test? Without bothering others?

Is it possible or OK to set up another sip account and send messages to and from myselfs on one pc?

Tony Moody