[Ekiga-list] Which call settings make calls the most stable?

Thanks to Eugen we now have calling mostly working, except that there
are stability problems that seem very dependent on which codecs are
chosen, especially video codec. For instance, theora often freezes and
H264 lasts for maybe a minute before the call hangs up. I can even
completely crash Ekiga by choosing the wrong codec, e.g., the gdb trace
at http://pastebin.com/3EYDBJRQ -- seeing as that exception arises from
libavcodec.so.53 I wondered if it would work to try libavcodec.so.55
instead or if that would not be compatible with opal 3.10.10.

More generally, I wondered, for calling among Linux amd64 Ekiga 4.0.1
ADSL users, which settings do people find to actually given reliably
stable video calling? For instance, while I find that video codec
matters a lot, I am not finding that things like picture size make much
difference. Some clues to find settings that not only work, but work
well, would be most welcome.

-- Mark