Re: [Ekiga-list] disconnection of Internet

On 10/23/2013 04:06 PM, Eugen Dedu wrote:
On 23/10/13 21:00, Thierry Poulhès wrote:
Hello,

I try to use ekiga with Diamondcard acount or Ekiga acount.

When I call, I have to wait long time and after my Internet connection stop
everytime I call.

When I do the test call I can call normally and hear the voice.

Is it a problem of security of antivirus or firewall of Windows ? Or
Internet box ?
Someone  have an idea why it happen ?

No idea, it is strange what happens. We need the -d 4 log when the problem arises to see what happens, see http://wiki.ekiga.org/index.php/Debugging_Ekiga#How_to_get_a_debug_output_2.

Are you on comcast? I am visiting friends with comcast, and the same thing is happening to me (and doesn't normally). Have you tried going somewhere that uses a different internet provider, to see if it is provider specific? In my case, their cheapo home router could be the problem also. Did you check if your router rebooted? However, by "Internet connection stop", do you mean the wireless connection? Or do you have a wired connection? If your wireless chipset (or driver) does not support hardware acceleration for encryption, then the software support in wpa_supplicant is buggy. Version 2.0 is much better, but still loses encrypted connections with sustained throughput. You know it is wpa_supplicant if killing it (as root) shortly after your internet connection "stops", makes it come back immediately (as NetworkManager reloads wpa_supplicant).