Re: [Ekiga-list] no debug output

On 18/05/13 16:07, eti wrote:
Using ekiga 2.0.2 and did

$ ekiga -d 4 -c sip:500 ekiga net

It connected okay, but there was no debug output.

Well, v2 is not maintained anymore since years, so I cannot say why the debug output is not there.

Also tried calling (changing only the userid in the above command),
didn't get a connection and again didn't get debug output.

You have to use ekiga v4.

One other thing: How to hang up from the command line?  The only thing I
could do was to kill the process.  Is this acceptable...? or is there
another way?

Calling using command line is not well supported when ekiga is not already started, for ex. ekiga does not wait STUN ending before calling. I suggest to start ekiga, and only afterwards use ekiga -c ... As far as I know, the command line is not to have a text-only ekiga (but only to specify the caller on the command line), so to hang up you still need to press the red button.