Re: [Ekiga-list] How to send audio from a file ?

Le 09/03/2013 14:57, I wrote:
Hello,

Now, I should like to have the other speaker hearing an .wav, .ogg or .mp3
file that I have in my home. (Preferably whithout using any wire and
soundcard input/output jacks.)
Perhaps there is a way to make a virtual audio device that Ekiga could work
with ?

I have just found one or two simple ways to do this on Linux:

1) Launch snd_aloop module
# modprobe snd_aloop

2) Look for Loopback virtual card number:
$ aplay -l
(4 for my example)

3) Set audacious or other sound reader to use hw:4,1 for playback and start playing the file, assuming this file is a 8000 samples/s record

4) Set Ekiga to use "Loopback" as capture device and start a call.

One time I also succeeded to use monitor function of pulseaudio, but don't hope I could explain this because I don't usually use pulseaudio.