Re: [Ekiga-list] Newbie questions

Please explain what is "wireshark", how to use it and I'll be happy to give it a try.

On 4/3/2013 3:01 AM, Eugen Dedu wrote:
On 12/03/13 02:08, Tron wrote:
The dialogue box about Ekiga not configuring ports was appearing EVERY
time Ekiga started for BOTH 4.0.0 and 4.0.1.  This was the case on BOTH
computers tested (desktop and laptop both of which were behind the same
firewall of my gateway).  The required ports on my firewall (m0n0wall)
were opened manually and verified as being open with PF Port Checker
from both computers.

Then maybe the STUN checking has a bug?!  Less likely, but anyway:

To verify this, start wireshark and start capturing right before ekiga starts, and stop it right after ekiga registers. Save the file of wireshark and give it to me. Pay attention that no confidential information is shown by wireshark and/or send it to me directly.