Re: [Ekiga-list] ekiga 3.2.7-5+b1 - Debian wheezy - webcam problem

On Fri, 19 Oct 2012 21:15:53 +0200
Eugen Dedu <Eugen Dedu pu-pm univ-fcomte fr> wrote:

> Ok, the error is the following:
> 2012/10/19 18:47:54.461	  0:36.755
> CallSetup:...4bc8e61700	SIP	PDU Write failed: Invalid
> argument
>
> Unfortunately, I cannot understand why this may happen.  This
> appeared for another user too.
>
> To debug this error, the only thing I see is to build opal and check
> throughly why it triggers this error.
>
> For me, the simplest method is that I have access to your machine and
> do all the necessary tests, by sharing your screen with me, so that
> you see all that I do.  Are you ok with this or not?  I understand
> that some people refuse this.

It turns out all this was due to me trying to call a number without the
hostname - a full URI is needed, though oddly that seemed to fail when
I tried that. At least we've got to the bottom of it now...

--
Phil Reynolds
mail: phil-ekiga tinsleyviaduct com