Re: [Ekiga-list] could not register sip...

On 24/03/12 14:05, josh wrote:
Hi Eugen,

thanks for your assistance. I wanted to generate a full log like you
suggested, so I started ekiga like this:

$ ekiga -d 4 2>/tmp/output.txt

I let it fire up, waited til I saw the error message, tried connecting
to the echo service and then clicked close in the menu. The gui
disappeared, but an hour later there was still output being generated
into output.txt. It doesn't ever stop until I kill it.

You cannot register because no answer to REGISTER requests arrives to your machine; however STUN works, since it replies "Cone NAT". This is surely because of a firewall.

(Do not remove useful lines when replying to e-mails.)

I have manually configured port forwarding on my router according to the
wiki. I forward:

ports 5000-5100 udp (sip)
ports 3478-3479 udp (stun)
port 1720 tcp (h323)

Since you say you have done the above, the only explanation I have is that the firewall blocking your packets is *before* your router, by the Internet provider, do you have information about that? Also, are you sure that you configured well the ports on your router?

How much of that log do you need? Attaching an amount that gives less
than 40kb zipped (I have a 3Mb log...)

-j

We need the full log, see
http://wiki.ekiga.org/index.php/Debugging_Ekiga#Sending_the_data_to_us
for information on how to send it.  I have just added a paragraph>about
moderator approval...