Re: [Ekiga-list] Profiles?

On Monday 16 July 2012 20:07:40 Daniel von Wachter wrote:
> How can various users use Ekiga on the same computer (in the same home
> directory), each having different SIP accounts and contacts?
	Why not create one more home directory? Then you can run two instances of Ekiga - one yours, one someone else's. In KDE, for example, you can use kdesu -u another_user -c ekiga to run somebody else's program. If you do not use KDE, I'm sure your desktop environment have something similar - use Google.

	But I would recommend running 2 sessions simultaneously instead for maximum personalization so you can switch between different accounts with Ctrl+Alt+F7 or Ctrl+Alt+F8 (switching usually takes about a second, so it's very convenient).

	Setting up multiseat configuration is another option, but I have never tried that, so I cannot give any details about it.