Re: [Ekiga-list] Acoustic feedback

On Wed, 01 Feb 2012 10:47:54 +0100
Eugen Dedu <Eugen Dedu pu-pm univ-fcomte fr> wrote:

> On 30/01/12 21:45, J. Paul Bissonnette wrote:
> > I am wondering if I am missing a setting some where.
> > The system is Xububtu 11.10, logitech webcam pro 9000, Bose
> > companion speakers. The annoying issue is that is I have the volume
> > loud enough to hear the speakers during an echo test the microphone
> > is too sensitive and causes acoustic feed back. Echo cancellation
> > is on, it does reduce the feedback considerably  I have adjusted
> > the jitter buffer from 200 - 1500 ms. this doesn''t seem to have
> > much affect.
> >
> > With the same volume levels skype does not cause any feedback.
>
> skype should have a better echo cancellation system.  Ekiga uses the
> one provided by speex.

Thanks for the reply, wasn't sure if I would get one since I received a
message stating I was not a member of this mailing list.

I haven't used Ekiga that much since most of the people I know are
still hung up on the Skype app. Since more are becoming aware
that M$ acquired it, they are looking for an alternative.

Thanks
Paul