Re: [Ekiga-list] System port and Ekiga

On 24/12/12 12:28, Antonio wrote:

Hello everyone.

Currently I use the latest version of Ekiga on Fedora 18 Spherical
Cow. My internet connection implicates an outdoor antenna equipped
with a management software that includes a firewall (as well as other
services like NAT, UPnP, DDNS, ...); this firewall has been configured
to allow the SIP calls from and to Ekiga according to these
information http://wiki.ekiga.org/index.php/Internet_ports_used_by_Ekiga.

Even the firewall of Fedora is actived but it seems not affect Ekiga
work although its ports are not open nor any SIP services are
permitted. Ekiga works fine.

Glad to see that ekiga works fine for you!

Is it a correct behavior in your opinion ?

I do not understand well the question. Is it: is it normal that ekiga works when antenna firewall is open and computer firewall is not open especially for ekiga?