Re: [Ekiga-list] ekiga compilation on osx

On 18/12/12 19:29, Ljubisa Gavrilovic wrote:
Have noted some previous discussion on the list re ekiga on osx that has, as it looks to me, ended sometime in august of this year.

I have tried to compile ekiga on osx and have run into this problem:

checking for GTK... no
configure: error: Package requirements (gtk+-2.0>= 2.20.0 gnome-icon-theme>= 3.0.0) were not met:

Package gtk+-2.0 was not found in the pkg-config search path.
Perhaps you should add the directory containing `gtk+-2.0.pc'
No package 'gtk+-2.0' found

Alternatively, you may set the environment variables GTK_CFLAGS
and GTK_LIBS to avoid the need to call pkg-config.

so i have realized it is a problem that I have no GTK on my mac.... And I don't as I have tried previously to fetch GTK for Go-lang (AFAIR)
now I have found gtk+ for osx on:

http://www.gtk.org/download/macos.php

which has failed on some macros so would not build. So, I have reported this to GTK dev (https://sourceforge.net/apps/phpbb/gtk-osx/) and now I am courious, is there some other way I could make GTK available for ekiga compilation?

First of all, you will need to install not only gtk, but more importantly ptlib and opal. Have you succeeded in installing them?

Otherwise, no, I do not know anything about macos port of ekiga, gtk etc.