Re: [Ekiga-list] H.323 connection??

On 15/09/11 16:52, Uwe Dippel wrote:
I have been invited for a job interview using a H.323 video
conference. I found Ekiga to offer this method, alas, it doesn't work
(I spoke to the sys admin), because first of all Ekiga uses and
requires user account and gatekeeper. At the institution they don't
offer that, only IP-address for the client to connect to.

The system at the other end is actually:

VC: Tandberg 6000 MXP

IP-Adresse: 12.31.43.51 (fictitious)

VC only via  IP (H.323)

All this doesn't tell me much, but I hope someone in here can
enlighten me what is going on, and how I can connect Ekiga to a
seemingly 'open' VC hardware.

I am sorry, I cannot help on H323. In SIP an account is not required (the IP address itself can be used instead), I suppose in H323 it is not required either.