Re: [Ekiga-list] Microphone not detected only with ekiga

I don't use an ekiga account but pay for a service with future-nine.

"Can I register to multiple VoIP services ?

Yes, you can register to multiple accounts in Ekiga; therefore you can take advantage of several services, whether free or commercial. There is no obligation for you to use Ekiga.net, but we do recommend it."

With the login credentials for this non-ekiga account, I can use a landline to call my VOIP number, have it ring in ekiga, pick up to hear the audio from the incoming caller, but no sound is transmitted through the laptop microphone. Even if the echo test should fail because I don't have an ekiga account, I don't see where audio capture is breaking down when an actual call is connected. Both ALSA echo tests are functioning, and I can confirm the microphone continues to work with other applications.

Thanks for the info on pastebin and dl.free.fr.

ekiga -d 4 output is posted here.
<http://www.4shared.com/document/RF_HTmAa/output.html>
Please use a service which does not force to wait, such as dl.free.fr or
pastebin.

Looking at your output, I see that the communication is not established,
is that right?  Why do you say that you hear the audio?

In the above log I also see that you are not registered to ekiga.net,
and I wonder if it is possible to cal 500 ekiga net without being
registered (I cannot test right now).