Re: [Ekiga-list] Other apps in Ubuntu 11.04 Unity "systray" don't react anymore

Hi.

On Sat, Sep 24, 2011 at 10:46, Eugen Dedu
<Eugen Dedu pu-pm univ-fcomte fr> wrote:
> On 24/09/11 10:19, Alexander Skwar wrote:
>>
>> Hello.
>>

>> I'm using ekiga 3.2.7-2ubuntu2 on a Ubuntu 11.04 Natty x86_64
>> system with their Unity interface. All (security) patches are installed
>> as of now (2011-09-24).
>>
>> At first, when I started ekiga, it did not show up in the systray.
>> Which is "as expected" (by Ubuntu). You'll need to first "enable"
>> the systray for all apps, like so:
>>
>> $ gsettings set com.canonical.Unity.Panel systray-whitelist "['all']"
>>
>> Having done so, and having logged out and in again, it showed up just
>> fine up there: http://sck.to/GC ->
>>
>> http://media.cdn.ubuntu-de.org/forum/attachments/3383967/Systray-mit-Ekiga-Icon.png
>>
>> But now I noticed, that I can no longer right or left click on other
>> apps/icons that are shown there, like the Dropbox, Glipper or
>> Bluetooth "application indicator" (as they call it).
>>
>> When I exit out of Ekiga, I can click just fine again.
>>
>> Well… Do you guys maybe have any idea at all what can be done
>> about this?
>
> I really have no idea!
>
> Could you start another systray-ed application from the terminal, such as
> vlc, to see if the same thing happens or not?

Sorry for taking so long to respond, but I now finally managed
to reproduce this misbehaviour also with the Shutter Screenshot
Tool → http://shutter-project.org/

So it's not (only) related to Ekiga. And if it were, I'd guess you
would heard about it by now, and not just from me alone.

Hm. Any idea about when a app indicator patch might be there?
Sadly, I cannot code :)

Alexander
--
↯    Lifestream (Twitter, Blog, …) ↣ http://alexs77.soup.io/ ;    ↯
↯ Chat (Jabber/Google Talk) ↣ a skwar gmail com , AIM: alexws77  ↯