Re: [Ekiga-list] Port Forward for Actiontec V1000H Router

On 30/09/11 04:47, David Stevenson wrote:
Hi

I can't get Ekiga up and running, because I can't get the Port
Forwarding to work.

HELP!!

I am using an Actiontec V1000H router, and the Ekiga instructions aren't
quite what shows on my router screen.

My router requires me to enter the LAN IP Address on the Port Forwarding
screen. I entered the Internal IP Address, and I got no Ping or packets.

Should I have entered another address?

I do not understand completely what the problem is, please explain what happens. Is that you cannot register with ekiga on an ekiga.net account? Also, ping outsideServer does not work, is that what you say? What ekiga instructions are you talking about? What ekiga does show?

I also use Norton 360 Virus scanner. Could the Norton firewall be the
problem?

I suppose it could be.