[Ekiga-list] USB Hercules Muse LT3

Hi,
I'm using this marvellous software (Ekiga) with an external sound card : the USB Hercules Gamesurround Muse XL LT3. I've configured the audio driver of ekiga to use this card specifically.  Emission of sound with mic ou line if ok but reception of sound is inaudible. It makes a incomprehensible creepy voice.
I'm on Debian squeeze, I tested with a good server in gigabyte LAN still the same. I tested with the internal sound card everything was OK. Unfortunately I have to use an external sound card, such as muse.
Do you think it's a codec problem that could not be sync with rate sample of the card ?
Is there a specific configuration to improve the reception of sound via USB sound card ?
Thank for answer