Re: [Ekiga-list] Running Multiple Computers with Ekiga behind same NAT firewall

On 24/05/11 20:23, Paul Jones wrote:
On 05/24/2011 08:16 AM, Eugen Dedu wrote:
On 24/05/11 07:25, Dave Koelmeyer wrote:

On 24 May, 2011,at 03:12 PM, Paul Jones<raptorman18 gmail com>   wrote:

  Hi, new to list and to Ekiga and SIP in general.

  Basically, I'm asking if running multiple computers with Ekiga behind
  the same NAT firewall, and each machine will be a different user
with a
  different user account.

  Basically, the way I'm trying to do it is by specifying a port other
  than 5060 for the other computer. I've been using port 5046 for the
  other machine, and forwarding that port to the other machine, and
  changing the Ekiga setting in gconf-editor. But this does not seem to
  work for me.

  By "not work", i mean, the presence notification seems to work, but
the
  echo-test does not work properly, because i can't see the "remote"
video.

  (i test the presence notification by having myself in my own buddy
list)

  So, am I going about it wrong, or is what I'm trying just not
possible.

Hi Paul,

I might be misunderstanding this, but does this help?

http://wiki.ekiga.org/index.php/Ekiga_behind_a_NAT_router#I_have_2_Ekiga_behind_a_NAT_using_STUN:_they_can.27t_communicate

You're right, but this tells that the two internal computers cannot
communicate to each other.

However, they should communicate simultaneously with computers from
Internet, such as echo test for ex.  Changing 5060 port is not needed
for that.

If only one computer runs ekiga, does it work?  Finally, be sure to
use 3.2.7, since it fixed a bug like this.

Hi, i just looked at this again. I turned on ekiga in one computer, then
turned it on in the other. ON the first computer, everything worked, I
could see that my user on the machine was on, i could see that the user
on the other machine was also online. Echo test also worked, (i got
"remote video").

Do you use 3.2.7?