Re: [Ekiga-list] Laptop webcams on the Ekiga Hardware Compatibility List

2011/5/17 Eugen Dedu <Eugen Dedu pu-pm univ-fcomte fr>
On 17/05/11 08:47, Dave Koelmeyer wrote:
Hi,

We really should include the HCL to include laptops with built-in webcams, given
how popular they now are vs. external webcams.

I've started the ball rolling by adding the Dell Latitude 2100, which I've
tested with Ekiga under Windows XP:

http://wiki.ekiga.org/index.php/Tested_hardware#Cameras_.28Opti
Any others, please let me know and I'll add 'em :)

There are many computers out there.  I think it is better to add cameras which do NOT work.  What do you think?

Hi Eugen,

I would agree with Antonio in that it would be more helpful to be explicit about which laptop camera devices work or do not work. Another reason is that it's nice to have an HCL with up-to-date information based on community feedback (the existing webcams are all rather old models), as it's a positive way to show prospective users that it's an active, thriving project :)

Cheers,

--
Dave Koelmeyer
http://davekoelmeyer.wordpress.com/