Re: [Ekiga-list] not able of talking to anybody in ekiga

On 03/01/11 21:01, stara posta wrote:

Dear Koelmer,
I already have a second Ekiga Account, but I am not able of communicate with myself, because they are both behind the same router (one is under Ubuntu 10.04 the other one is under Windows Vista)
I have read somewhere what to do to make EKIGA believe that they are not behind the same router, but I did not understand it.

I know this issue, please be patient until it gets fixed.

i was wrong respect to the version of EKIGA I am using.
I am using Ekiga 3.2.6

Thank you for your help

Date: Tue, 4 Jan 2011 01:21:27 +1300
From: davekoelmeyer me com
To: ekiga-list gnome org
Subject: Re: [Ekiga-list] not able of talking to anybody in ekiga

Hi,

I think the issue may be that users you are randomly attempting to call may not necessarily be online at the time you are attempting to call or message; I don't think randomly calling people is the best way test your setup either, for certain reasons.

If the echo test works okay, then you should be good to go when communicating with other real users. You could perhaps create a second Ekiga.net account yourself and run a second instance of Ekiga (or compatible SIP client) on another machine for testing. You might also want to use the latest version of Ekiga as I'm sure it will contain numerous bug fixes beyond v2.6.

Cheers,
Dave

stara posta<translator1111 hotmail es>  wrote:

Dear all,
After solving the problem bellow, I have found another one. I am not able of using Ekiga, because I do not know anyone using Ekiga.
when I am using the ekiga net phone book and try to call someone randomely I always get the same answer:
"User is not available"
and when I try to send randomely a message through chat:
"No possible to send the message to this user"

I have setted up using the configuration druid. It has seetled ALSA/PTNLIB
and the Echo test call works, however as I do not know anybody using Ekiga I do not know if all the users are busy or is something wrong in my Ekiga
I am using Ekiga 2.6 and Ubuntu 10.04
Thanks in advance for your support.