Re: [Ekiga-list] Address book: 2.0.12 vs. 3.2.7

On 10/01/11 22:20, J. Rehbock wrote:
Moreover, Ekiga 2.0.12 had a White Pages
  with columns for status, name, comment, software, url, email and
location. Most of the columns were important to someone who used Ekiga
primarily to meet new acquaintances around the world.

--- On Mon, 1/10/11, Eugen Dedu<Eugen Dedu pu-pm univ-fcomte fr>  wrote:

From: Eugen Dedu<Eugen Dedu pu-pm univ-fcomte fr>
Subject: Re: [Ekiga-list] Address book: 2.0.12  vs. 3.2.7
Date: Monday, January 10, 2011, 9:59 AM

On 03/01/11 13:35, palama inwind it wrote:
Some of the functionalities of the address book/Ekiga white pages in 2.0.12 are not available in 3.2.7 anymore:

- In 2.0.12 the registered users are shown bodface and it is easy to see if the user I am looking for is online or not
- In 2.0.12 I can search also the URL (email address) field

I don't know know if these useful funtionalities were completely removed from 3.2.7 or if they can be restored somehow from the address book menu.
If they were completely removed I think they should be restored.

You are right.  It is on my TODO list, I plan to work on it in a few days.

Hi,

Let's dig this problem further.  I see several solutions:
- show the name and the SIP address, either in the same column, or in two columns; I can do that fairly easily.
- show other information, but what?  Here are the other existent fields:
  - e-mail addresses: should not be shown, in my opinion
  - online status: should probably be shown
  - ekiga version: useful to have, at least for developers :o)
- is other information useful? Where do comment, url and location come from? They are not given when subscribing for an account, and they do not exist on Ekiga software either.

Note that there exist two names: the one given in Ekiga, and the one given when subscribing to an acount. The first one is shown when calling. I think the second one is shown when searching white pages on ekiga.netserver.