Re: [Ekiga-list] Theora codecs and remote video oddness

On 21/01/11 05:43 PM, Dave Koelmeyer wrote:
Hi,

I don't have two Linux Ekiga clients to hand (I run Ekiga on OpenIndiana/OpenSolaris), so I'm wondering if someone is able to reproduce the following.

Ekiga 3.2.7 is running on two separate OpenIndiana machines, both have webcams connected which run fine using V4L2. Client A is running with a public IP address on a coporate LAN, client B is running behind a home ADSL2+ NAT router. Echo test and calling otherwise for both clients is fine.

In both Ekiga clients, only the H261 and Theora video codecs are selected.

Now, if I place a call from either Client A to Client B or vice versa, with the H261 codec only enabled or at the top in the Ekiga codec listing, then both parties can see both their local video and remote video, as you would expect.

If I then terminate the call, sort the video codecs so that Theora is only enabled or at the top in the Ekiga codec listing, then *only* the party to who the call is placed can see both their local and remote video. The user who placed the call can *only* view their local video stream.

For example; Client A calls Client B. The call is successfully handled, but Client A can only see his local video stream (remote video, picture in picture settings are greyed out). Client B however can enable both their local video, and the remote video.

I should have a debug output handy shortly, but like I say if anyone can reproduce this would be interested to know.

Here is the debug output. Using the example setup described above (Client A calling Client B) this has been captured from Client A:

http://www.davekoelmeyer.co.nz/docs/ekigatheora20110121.txt

Cheers,

--
Dave Koelmeyer