[Ekiga-list] Fwd: [Linphone-users] Linphone on BlackBerry announce

This is for Anthony and any one else on the ekiga mailing list looking for a sip client for BlackBerry phones and sorry this is not technically Ekiga related but i figured Ekiga is not just about Ekiga sip but helping people who have questions, so enjoy.  Also it seems that a lot of people are starting to catch on to this client with blackberry phones as in the other emails i read from their mailing list, a lot of people are testing the sip client on both GSM and CDMA phones.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Jehan Monnier <jehan monnier linphone org>
Date: Tue, Jan 11, 2011 at 11:19 AM
Subject: [Linphone-users] Linphone on BlackBerry announce
To: linphone-developers nongnu org, linphone-users nongnu org

Hello,

The Linphone's team is pleased to release a new port of Linphone on Blackberry !

Main features are:
-Audio only based on built-in AMR-NB codec.
-Native contact list integration.
-Call history.
-Both sip tcp and udp.
-Limited supported device, Bold series with OS > 5.0 .
-Both wifi and 3G support.
-GNU GPL v2 license.

Linphone for BlackBerry OS is a completely java rewritten  Linphone leveraging on the java version of libblinphone API we have developed for Android. Simon has developed a java port of oRTP called jortp with adaptive jitter buffer. For sip, we have leveraged on sip-for-me, that we had to patch to fix a bunch of bugs. The core (I.E jliblinphone) is a strict implementation of the java version of linphonecore.

Linphone on BB only support AMR-NB because on BB 0S 5, it's the only available codecs with real time capabilities. So you have to find a sip provider supporting this codec.
Due to the lake of DNS api from BB OS5, sip hosts must always be entered as an IP address (I.E sip:toto@192.168.0.1). Same for the proxy field in  configuration view witch must be an ip address.

Binary installation is available from:
http://download.savannah.gnu.org/releases/linphone/blackberry/jlinphone-1.0.0/5.0.0/jlinphone.jad
Just open this URL from your BB web browser.

As usual, source code can be found at: http://www.linphone.org/eng/download/git.html

Contributions and feedback are as always welcome, use the mailing lists for that purpose.

Cheers