Re: [Ekiga-list] No common codec (G711 aLaw)

On 15/01/11 12:39, Håvar Nielsen wrote:
On Sat, 2011-01-15 at 18:44 +1300, Dave Koelmeyer wrote:

On 30/11/10 08:36 AM, Håvar Nielsen wrote:

On Mon, 2010-11-29 at 17:28 +0100, Damien Sandras wrote:

Hi,

I get a no common codec error when I try to make a phone call,
using my phonzo.com account. Phonzo supports G711 a-law or G729,
according to their configuration help page:
http://www.phonzo.no/privat/utstyr/eget_utstyr/

I have enabled PCMA, PCMU and Speex (wide band) in the Ekiga
Preferences-Audio-Codecs dialog.

The Ekiga -d 4 output is attached.

Does anyone know what might cause the error?

The Ekiga version is 3.2.7.

Hi,

I assume you are using Ekiga at both ends (recipient is using Ekiga as
well)?

What happens if you disable speex altogether and just leave PCMA
enabled as the only audio codec in Ekiga?

--

Dave Koelmeyer
http://davekoelmeyer.wordpress.com/

Hi,

I am trying to call my own cell (and other landline phones) through
ekiga by using the VoIP (SIP) provider phonzo.com. It did work with
Ekiga 3.2.6, but not with 3.2.7. Ekiga 3.2.6 had other issues though.

This is very useful information. There were 2-3 changes related to this in opal between the two versions, see below. Could you give us the debug output for ekiga 3.2.6 too, to compare?

        * ., src/sip/handlers.cxx, src/sip/sipcon.cxx, src/sip/sippdu.cxx:
          Fixed locating correct authorisation credentials for INVITE when
          AOR user is different from authorisation ID.

        * ., src/sip/handlers.cxx: Changed authentication failure to be
          fatal and SIP handler removed. Credentials that are bad are
          unlikely to magically start working without user providing a new
          registration data so may as well register from scratch. Makes
          certain other logic simpler.

        * src/sip/sippdu.cxx: Add nonce to comparison for digest
          authentication, pointed out by Martin Hillmeier