Re: [Ekiga-list] Ekiga + m0noWall router -- lessons learned and proposed doc update

Hi,

First, Thank You Eugen for the help.   I am sharing what I learned in the hope that it may save some others a little trouble.  My problems installing Ekiga had two separate issues, the Ekiga.net side, and the PC-to-Phone side.... and to that what I think were misleading errors.

I use m0n0wall for my router/firewall, and Fedora 14 with the latest release of Ekiga.

Upon starting Ekiga the first time I received the error:
"Ekiga did not manage to configure your network settings automatically... enable-port_forwarding_manually"
However PC-to_Phone worked fine without any firewall configuration (sip.diamondcard.us). Not so for the SIP part, I had to port forward the ports indicated in the Ekiga section of Gnome's Configuration Editor.  I now can call with both accounts.

I still have one problem with my webcam, Logitech Quickcam 9000 Pro -- UVC Camera (046d:0990) (PTLIB/V4L2)  (320x240), Auto Format, Channel 0, with Theora and h261 codecs enabled.  It works fine the first time I use it after a reboot and as long as I do not use the Ekiga.net account.  Once I try, for example 500 ekiga net, the video stops, and am not able to make it work, even using the pc-to-phone, or exiting ekiga completely and re-starting it.  I have to reboot my machine.  The error I get is:
"your driver does not seem to support any of the color formats supported by Ekiga. Please check your kernel driver documentation..."  but it works fine after a fresh reboot, and as long as I only make calls with sip.diamondcard.us account.

Anyway, hope this helps others with m0n0wall.

Cheers,

-N