Re: [Ekiga-list] Add (-o) logfile argument (like wget)

On Thu, Dec 22, 2011 at 16:52 (+0200), Genghis Khan wrote:

> On Thu, 22 Dec 2011 09:01:31 -0400
> Jim Diamond <Jim Diamond acadiau ca> wrote:

>> Just because wget does it does not mean it's a good idea.
>> Why bloat the code (and documentation) with a unneeded option?

> How much of code would a thing like this be?  It would not be much.
No, not compared the whole code base.

> What would this add to the documentation?
Yet another option for users to sift through.

> It will be more obvious to the users that they can make a
> troubleshooting report and send it to the developers.
I'm not sure that is true.  If they are capable of finding out about
'-d 4' and knowing that such a debug log can be sent somewhere useful
they can probably figure out output redirection.  If not maybe all
that is needed is one sentence in the same place that tells them about
-d 4.

The beauty of I/O redirection is exactly that programs don't need to
implement this functionality themselves.

				Jim