Re: [Ekiga-list] Add a menu entry of "ekiga -d 4" output

On Wed, 21 Dec 2011 11:58:32 -0500, Genghis Khan <genghiskhan gmx ca> wrote:

Add a menu item in the About menu which will say "Auto-build a report"
"Analise and send" which will prompt the user to a dialogue which will
explain shortly what is this feature, what does it do and so on... and
it will tell to the user that Ekiga is going to restart itself and will
generate a debug file and there will be a link to the Users Mailing
List or to both Users (Help) and Devel (Development) Mailing Lists.

Any thoughts?

THANK YOU VERY MUCH BUT I AM REALLY VERY NEW TO ALL THIS. PEOPLE THINK IF THEY KNOW SOMETHING EVERYBODY ELSE MUST ALSO KNOW IT. THIS IS NOT THE CASE AND IT IS ONE OF THE REASONS MOST, INCLUDING MYSELF, ALWAYS HAVE TO GO BACK FROM LINUX TO WINDOWS.
MANY LINUX PEOPLE JUST DON'T GET IT AND THAT IS TO BAD.

SO, TO GET BACK TO MY SUBJECT.
I WANT TO MAKE THIS EKIGA -D 4 REPORT. THE INSTRUCTIONS SAY: "RUN EKIGA WITH THE FOLLOWING ARGUMENTS: ekiga -d 4 2>output.txt " BUT HOW DO YOU DO THAT ? THERE DOES NOT SEEM TO BE A PROVISION FOR THAT. SO WHAT ARE THEY TALKING ABOUT ?

I WOULD BE GLAD TO HELP MAKING EKIGA MORE USERFRIENDLY AND BETTER LOOKING. BUT I CAN'T PROGRAM.
(ALTHOUGH I HAVE STARTED A LITTLE, DOING MY WEB SITES).

THERE ARE A FEW PEOPLE INVOLVED IN THIS DISCUSSION, SO IT IS GETTING MORE INTERESTING.

BESIDES:
I ALSO HAVE A PROJECT FOR A SOFTPHONE TOGETHER WITH ASTERISK OR FREESWITCH AND I AM LOOKING FOR PEOPLE WHO CAN GET INVOLVED.

THANK'S.
BEST REGARDS.
MIKE