Re: [Ekiga-list] RFC: ANNOUNCE - Ekiga 3.3.1 [UNSTABLE] available

On 17/08/11 08:26, Genghis Khan wrote:
----- Original Message -----
From: Eugen Dedu
Sent: 07/15/11 08:40 PM
To: Ekiga mailing list, Ekiga mailing list
Subject: [Ekiga-list] RFC: ANNOUNCE - Ekiga 3.3.1 [UNSTABLE] available

The 3.3.1 release will appear very soon, if you have comments about
the the release notes please reply to this e-mail.

=================

* What's changed ?
==================

* Major changes in ekiga 3.3.1 (2011-07-15)
** User-visible fixes
- Improvements to still partial support for IPv6
- New SILK (used by skype) and AMR-WB audio codecs
- Made creating an XMPP/Jabber account nicer

On behalf of Ekiga/ptlib/opal teams,
Eugen Dedu

1. When a complete support for IPv6 will be made?

I have not tested it, but as far as I understood it is very near completion. The problem is who has access to an IPv6 network to test it?

2. What is the the quality of the codecs SILK and AMR-WB?

No idea.  Ask on opalvoip-user lists sourceforge net.

3. Since when Ekiga supports Jabber/XMPP?
4. Which kind of XMPP support? (Text, Audio or Video)

For both questions Julien could answer in detail. However, if I understood correctly, it is supported since quite much time, but it is not well tested. Am I right, Julien ?