Re: [Ekiga-list] 1080p video conference

On 31/08/10 23:00, Josu Lazkano wrote:
Thanks for your reply, where could I get those threads?

http://mail.gnome.org/archives/ekiga-devel-list/2009-April/thread.html, search for "High" (two threads).

I must compile it? I am new on this, I use Debian Squeeze packages.

Yes, you must compile opal, and also ekiga I think, afterwards, see http://wiki.ekiga.org/index.php/Download_Ekiga_sources. But it will be a bit of work, the patches are not finished it seems.

Thanks and regards.

2010/8/31 Eugen Dedu<Eugen Dedu pu-pm univ-fcomte fr>:
On 31/08/10 22:51, Josu Lazkano wrote:

Hello everybody! I am new on this list. I am interested on 1080p video
conference with Ekiga and this webcam:

http://www.logitech.com/webcam_communications/webcams/devices/6816?WT.mc_id=global_pr-c910_redirect_072010

Is possible to make working? I need some hardware encode/decoder?

Is there any interesting HD webcam?

Ekiga works at 640x480 max for the moment.  There were 1 or two threads on
this list (or -devel list) about increasing the max resolution, even with
patches.