[Ekiga-list] adding ekiga as softphone to asterisk 1.6

Here's /etc/sip.conf file quote:
;sip_custom_post.conf If you have extra parameters that are needed for
;extension to work to for example, those go here.  So you have
extension
;1000 defined in your system you start by creating a line [1000](+) in
this
;file.  Then on the next line add the extra parameter that is needed.
;When the sip.conf is loaded it will append your additions to the end of
;that extension.
;
#include sip_custom_post.conf

Here's what I found with ekiga documentation about adding ekiga to
asterisk:
Assuming that your Asterisk is in place and functioning, the first step is
to make Ekiga a client of your Asterisk. You do this by having the
following lines in sip.conf – one of Asterisk's many configuration files:

[general]
context=default
srvlookup=yes
videosupport=yes

disallow=all   ; First disallow all codecs
allow=ulaw
allow=alaw     ; Allow codecs in order of
allow=ilbc     ; preference
allow=gsm
allow=h261

[101]
type=friend
secret=welcome
qualify=yes    ; Qualify peer is not more than 2000 mS away
nat=no         ; This phone is not natted
host=dynamic   ; This device registers with us
canreinvite=no ; Asterisk by default tries to redirect
context=home
;port=5061     ; Uncomment this line if Ekiga and Asterisk
               ; are on the same host

Has anyone figured out how to handle the situation.  Should I treat the
instruction that says to add to sip.conf as updated to say the info should
be added to sip_post_custom.conf?

Any help appreciated.
Tom