Re: [Ekiga-list] zrtp encryption?

Try Zimmerman's Zphone http://zfoneproject.com/

It is free and open source. I like to know if it works.

On 01-Oct-2010 3:58 AM, Eugen Dedu wrote:
On 30/09/10 17:34, Rob Owens wrote:
On Thu, Sep 30, 2010 at 01:59:16PM +0200, Eugen Dedu wrote:
On 30/09/10 04:43, Rob Owens wrote:
What's the status of zrtp encryption in Ekiga?  I thought I remembered
reading somewhere that it was planned for somewhere in the 3.x release,
but everything I can find about it now says "not yet".

I just tested Twinkle with zrtp and it works nice and easy (I didn't
sniff any packets to make sure it's working right, but the GUI tells me
it is).  But Twinkle doesn't support video...

I'd love to use Ekiga for encrypted video conversations.  Any chance
it'll happen?

According to http://www.opalvoip.org/wiki/index.php?n=Main.Milestones,
zrtp will be complete when the current development becomes stable.  I
would say this appears in 3-12 months (if you want more precision,
contact its author).

Ekiga will hopefully release a version with it 0-3 months later, but
this interval can be greater.

Thanks for the info.  Twinkle uses libzrtpcpp for its zrtp support.  I
guess Ekiga can't use that due to architecture reasons?

I do not know.  Someone needs to look into that...